How to Get a VG248 to send DTMF to a RightFax Server Incoming Faxes

Unanswered Question
Jun 1st, 2010

Hi

Is there a way to send DTMF out from a VG248 to a Rightfax Server(Analogue Brooktrout Cards), we are currently using MGCP with the GW's

Problem Call Flow as follows:

PSTN -> PRI -> VG(3845)-> CUCM->VG248->Rightfax

What would I need to do to get the DTMF to be sent from the VG248 to the right fax for correct inbox routing for the fax?

I have seen something around MGCP DTMF Relay.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/ftmgcpfx.html#wp1028933

But I am a little unclear how this will work with the VG248.

We have for the moment got incoming faxes routing to FXS ports via H323, I am hoping this is a temp solution until we can figure out how to use the VG248.

Anyone got any ideas, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vince.castro Fri, 06/04/2010 - 13:24

We had almost the same issue on a Scanner Server that was connected to a vg248 was not receiving the DTMF tones from a remote Scan Gun for data uploading from another City but on the same network.   The communication to the Scanner Server was sporadic until we Disabled Fax Relay on the Port/s (Port Specific Parameters) which when disabled falls back to Fax Pass-through.  After disabling this the communication was 100% better.  Also Disabling Fax Relay on the other Network Devices seemed to help as well but was not done until after our testing and resolution.  Also a friend of mine while troubleshooting other issue came across a bug on the version of IOS and DTMF tones issue on 3845 routers with IOS 12.4.15t7.  Just some thoughts.

russell.chalmers Mon, 06/07/2010 - 02:36

Thanks for the info dude.

I got this from Cisco PDI Helpdesk, our support team decided to carry on using the FXS cards for the RightFax, so I wont know until I come across it again.

gateway: mgcp dtmf-relay CODEC all mode out-of-band

Many thanks for you help anyway.

Actions

This Discussion