Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude an host from the WAE.

Jan Rockstedt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have exclude an old device from the WAE, but I want to make sure that I am doing the right “Cisco” way.

1.)    Created an application from the CM under the My WAN, and assign it to an device or group.

2.)    Then I go in to the device and create an new Policy Definition, select the application and create an new classifier.

3.)    Select action to Passthrouh and submit.

Is this the right way to exclude an ip number and all ports?

Best regards,

Jan Rockstedt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jan,

Yes this is the correct way to prevent an IP from being accelerated by WAAS; creating a Pass Through policy that matches on the specified source or destination IP.

If you are using WCCP and a router platform that supports it, another option would be to create a WCCP redirect ACL and deny traffic to/from this device from ever being redirected to WAAS.

Regards,

Mike Korenbam

Cisco WAAS PDI Help Desk - http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

View solution in original post

Hi,

You could also create a Static Bypass List, either on the Device Group or on the individual Device(s) sitting in front of the Host IP.

Best Regards

Finn Poulsen

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Jan,

Yes this is the correct way to prevent an IP from being accelerated by WAAS; creating a Pass Through policy that matches on the specified source or destination IP.

If you are using WCCP and a router platform that supports it, another option would be to create a WCCP redirect ACL and deny traffic to/from this device from ever being redirected to WAAS.

Regards,

Mike Korenbam

Cisco WAAS PDI Help Desk - http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Hi,

You could also create a Static Bypass List, either on the Device Group or on the individual Device(s) sitting in front of the Host IP.

Best Regards

Finn Poulsen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: