Helpful
Replies

limit maximum number of calls on an ip phone

Arber_123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with this scenario:

I have an cisco ip phone which has two DN (2001  2002) and registered with CUCM 6.0. When one of these lines is in use i want calls that come to the other line to recieve a busy tone, or if possible the calling party know (by a beep or something like that) that the person they are calling is already at the phone and cannot accept the call at the moment. Is a solution for this scenario?

Your suggestion will be very helpful.

Regards,

Arber Mancaj.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot define the number of calls on inbound/outbound only.

You can get the busy tone until the 5th call (or whatever CFB you have configured)

Calls 1-4 will only know the phone is ringing but they cannot be alerted that the user is already in a call. We do not provide any special tone or configurable behavior that if a line has 1 call to ring differently to the user.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

I don't think that there is a beep that can be played for the calling party. But you can adjust the busy triggers and max amount of calls on a per phone basis. You can also have the call forward to another extension or voicemail if the system sees that the line is busy. To adjust the busy trigger on the phone, go to Device => Phone => find the phone you want to adjust => click on the DN in the left column => and busy triggers and max calls are located at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Mohammed,

Thanks for your brief reply.

I know how to limit the maximum number of calls that a line can handle, but i want to limit the number of calls per phone. Let's say i have ext 2001 on the first line and 2002 on the second (these lines are added to the same phone of course). I am in an ongoing call on the first line and someone calls me to ext 2002. since the second line (ext 2002) is idle it will ring and i can see that on the screen of the phone and hear the beep that i have another call in the second line. but i want that the calling party (which called ext 2002) to be notified or at least hear a busy tone that i am currently on an active call and cannot answer.

Is there any way to do this?

Arber.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The lines on the IP phone are not linked to each other in any way, so it is not possible to accomplish your objective in a straight forward manner.  Could you expand on the use case?  Maybe others can offer up ideas.  For example, if you were willing to remove extension 2002 from the phone and make it a translation pattern (pointing to 2001) then you can accomplish your ingress call treatment.  The problem is that if the user with x2001/x2002 needed to be able to place calls as extension 2002.  Or if the user really wanted two line appearances on their phone.  IOW, you would have to change behavior to achieve your objective.  Are you willing/able to do that?

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Let me explain this in another way. This time i have a phone configured with only one line in it (ext 2001). I know how to limit the maximum number of calls on this line (by going to Directory Number Configuration) and setting the Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Trigger fields.

But i want to let max 4 ongoing calls to this number and also want that when this line is in an active call, any other calling party that tries to call ext. 2001 hears a call progress tone meaning that this DN is already in a call ( a beep or smth like that). So the person who is trying to call knows that the called number is on the phone and maybe cannot answer at the moment.

Any ideas how to do this?

Very much for your help,

Regards,

Arber.

You cannot define the number of calls on inbound/outbound only.

You can get the busy tone until the 5th call (or whatever CFB you have configured)

Calls 1-4 will only know the phone is ringing but they cannot be alerted that the user is already in a call. We do not provide any special tone or configurable behavior that if a line has 1 call to ring differently to the user.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

any sulotions for this issue? Thank you

Answers from the thread are still valid.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: