EIM 4.3.1: Transferring activities from one to another department

Answered Question
Jun 1st, 2010

Hello Chaps,

i have to departments in my Email Interaction Manager 4.3.1 both departments have CCE integrated queues and users. i would like to allow an agent to transfer an email, which was queued in the wrong department to another department.

i created an inbound transfer workflow and the agent can click the transfer button. Unfortunately when the agent select department radio button no department is visible.

any ideas?

thanks & cheers

alex

If the restriction is that a queue in one department cannot be seen in another department, and that would be exactly what I would expect, you can simply create an integrated queue (ICM Script Selector) in the current department to act as a transfer point.

After all, it simply runs an ICM script that queues it to a skill group. If that skill group "lives" in the other department, I can't see how EIM would be any the wiser.

That does mean the creation of a lot of "transfer" script selectors, but you could probably point all these to the same call type and run the same script, then branch on the Dialed Number node to do the queue to SG.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer

If the restriction is that a queue in one department cannot be seen in another department, and that would be exactly what I would expect, you can simply create an integrated queue (ICM Script Selector) in the current department to act as a transfer point.

After all, it simply runs an ICM script that queues it to a skill group. If that skill group "lives" in the other department, I can't see how EIM would be any the wiser.

That does mean the creation of a lot of "transfer" script selectors, but you could probably point all these to the same call type and run the same script, then branch on the Dialed Number node to do the queue to SG.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion