Views
Helpful
Replies

Built-in Wireshark in Nexus 7000

mmrrittner
Level 1
Level 1

hello togehter,

I have problem to capture data from the built-in ethanalyzer (wireshark) on a USB flash or Bootflash when the capture size reach 10MB. I tested with NX 4.2.4 and 5.0(2a). Is anyone know this issue?

how can I extended the capture size on the flashs?

best regards

michael

3 Replies 3

mmrrittner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello togehter,

I find the white-paper document for built-in wireshark on the Nexus 7010 self. the write option is limited to 10 MB.

you can start the analyzer with NX-OS# ethanalyzer local interface inband limit-capture-frame write

It is possible disabled the limitation?

best regards

michael

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hello togehter,

I have problem to capture data from the built-in ethanalyzer (wireshark) on a USB flash or Bootflash when the capture size reach 10MB. I tested with NX 4.2.4 and 5.0(2a). Is anyone know this issue?

how can I extended the capture size on the flashs?

best regards

michael

Hi Michael,

As per the link i suppose capture file size is limited to 10 MB in nexus 7000

http://www.ciscosystems.com.ro/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9402/ps9512/white_paper_c11-554444.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

If helpful do rate the helpful post

hello ganesh,

do you know how I can disable the limitation when I use a usb flash, maybe a hidden command?

or plant cisco to extended the file size. In this case I will only sniffer the arp traffic which is running in the control plane policy for a longer time.

best regards

michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: