cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Antenna for 1242 WGB in 802.11N environment

rmerritt
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently replaced our 1242 APs with 1142s. I plan on using some of the 1242s on mobile carts. Does anyone know which would be the best 5.0Ghz antenna to use for this application? Looking at the dipole antennae on the web site did not give me any direction.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The basic Cisco dipoles are probably your best bet, because you really don't know where these carts will be placed.  These 1242's will only connect either 802.11b/g anyways.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have no idea what dipole you are looking for but before making your choice, kindly look at the horizontal and vertical footprints.

Cisco Aironet Antennas and Accessories Reference Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

Like what Scott said, the 1240 will support only a/b/g network.  If you want to use external antennae and support 802.11n then you have the following choices:  1250, 3500e and the 1260.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

If you are planing on associating the WGB on the 5ghz side, then just go with AIR-ANT5135D-R.  Like Leo mentioned, review the horozontal and vertical footprints.  This will be close to the same gain as your 'N' AP's unless you did something crazy:).

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card