Permission for Helpdesk on CM7.1.5

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

I setup Helpdesk end user's with following permissions:

Phone Admin

Standard CCM Phone Admin

Standard CCM End Users

My goal is that helpdesk folks can only configured phones and associated users to phones but got the following questions:

1.  What do most folks do out there in setting their helpdesk folk's permissions?

2. What is the diff btwn "phone admin" and 'Standard ccm phone admin" cco is really bad on this one. I believe standard stuff allows READ-Only on the gui while "phone admin" allows you to modify/add/delete??? is that a correct assumption?

3. What is "standard CTI alllow control on all devises" permission

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I'm not completely sure about the difference between the two groups, but if you want to lock down your help desk users you can create your own roles and specify what pages they have access to Read, and Update. Finally you can assign this to your own custome group. I sometimes prefer to create the permision myself to make sure there's nothing that you may not be aware off.

In regards to your "Allow control of all devices" will allow the user to control all devices via CTI, not only the controlled devices for the user. This is a group commonly associated to the ac user for Attendant console application.