cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Ques

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

2010-06-01_092636.jpgper topology and on the site#1 to site#2 migration strategy later in year. First, I want to integrate both Rx-PR into IBGP with site#2 under AS 30 so will have the same AS in 2 locations. There is a redundant WAN btwn the two sites. Currently, both ISP are sending default route to site#2 but I plan to do EBGP with them. My plan is that during cut night, I am getting rid of isp#2 but keeping isp#1 and will have isp#1 move the 2.2.2.0/24 over to site#2 or preferably can I have site#2 also advertise 2.2.2.0/24 with a lower/highter metric (ie Prepend AS) so during the cut, I don’t have to do much but just turn off site#1 internet routers.

2 Replies 2

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry, but what's the question here?

sorry for not being clear....is this doable meaning:

1. Is it better to have one AS running IBGP btwn the 2 sites? or have the same AS at each site but each site do not running IBGP with each other

2. If #1 is yes, can I have 2 AS advertising the same route 2.2.2.0/24 with different metrics with site#1 the preferred. Basically I will prepend AS on site#2 and leave Site#1 alone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card