cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanger Express Gui Save Config Failed

dacorbitt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3845 router running Callmanager Express CME version 4.2.  I am logging into the gui via the admin account.  I can make changes and save them.  However, when I go to Adminitration > Save Router Config I get the following error. 

"Configuration change failed. Please report the following error: Parser return code failed"

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Error: Configuration change failed.

Problem

When you attempt to modify the Cisco Unified CME configuration  through       the GUI, this error message appears: Configuration change       failed. Please report the following error: Parser return code       failed.

cme-gui-error-01.gif

Solution

This issue occurs when the user is not present in the AAA       database.

In order to resolve this issue, disable AAA authorization of       configuration commands using the       no       aaa authorization config-commands command in the global       configuration mode on the Cisco Unified CME. By default, AAA  authorization is       disabled.

Use the       no       aaa authorization config-commands command in order to stop       the network access server from attempting configuration command  authorization.

When you log in to the graphical user interface of the Cisco  Unified       CME as an end user to change the settings on the phone, the system  checks for       the user credentials in the AAA configuration. If the user credentials  are not       configured in the AAA configuration, it will not allow you to make the  changes.       Use the no aaa authorization config-commands command       in order to allow only users configured under AAA the permission to  make       changes to the configuration.

This command presents no real security risks. The device log in  remains       restricted, so only people that have access to the device are able to  log in       and make changes. The users of your phone system that have access to  the GUI,       do not have access to the routers CLI with their credentials, so there  is no       chance that the configuration might obtain errors by disabling aaa       authorization config-commands.

Another alternate solution is to add the user to the AAA database.  If       you add the user to the AAA database, they can configure Cisco Unified  CME       through the GUI, and the error message does not appear.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_tech_note09186a0080aff515.shtml#topic1

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the reply.  However, we have already removed the command aaa authorization config-commands.  I can now make changes to a phone/extension and hit the Change button.  This appears to save it to the running-config only.  I thought removing the above command would fix this issue completely.  Now when I go to Administration > Save Router Config I still get the error you mention below.  Any ideas??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: