UCCX v7 HA and repository

Answered Question
Jun 1st, 2010
User Badges:

Hi all,

Question. In my scripts I want to check the state of the callcenter in an XML file. I've done a test in a test env with a file State.xml, placed it in the WFAVVID folder and pointed to it in my script via File[sdvbqsvlkjb]. This works like a charm!

Now in our production system, it being HA, I also want to do the same but of course I want the standby server to also be able to look for this file. I guess this would be stored in the repository? I've already uploaded the xml file in the documents (via appadmin) but no luck...

In my script, I also want to modify this state.xml file so it needs to be updated on both servers...

Am I missing something?

BR,

Lieven

Correct Answer by jawilson_1 about 7 years 3 weeks ago

Jonathan is correct and I agree with him regarding the replication and using the DOC[] variable in your scripts to point to XML files in the Document repository.  Also, did you properly install Cisco MSSQL on each server before rebooting after installing CCX?  MSSQL is required in an HA solution to provide the replication feature across the cluster so data is accessible from either server in case one fails.  I typically by default copy the file onto each server (old habit) and always use DOC[] in my scripts and point to the XML document in the repository.

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 7 years 3 weeks ago
no, HA is not about having one repository. That won't work for sure.

That absolutely is incorrect. The repository resides within the SQL database and is replicated to the local disk of both nodes at runtime for the MIVR subsystem to access faster.

I've done a test in a test env with a file State.xml, placed it in the 
WFAVVID folder and pointed to it in my script via File[sdvbqsvlkjb].

You need to change your variable from File[] to DOC[]. An easy way to ensure you have this right is to use the Browse Repository button on the Document tab of the Expression Editor dialog within the Script Editor. Selecting a file in the repository will include the appropriate syntax and path for you.

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
jawilson_1 Tue, 06/01/2010 - 20:08
User Badges:

Did you also copy the file to both servers locally as you did in the other environment?

bgc-tls-leveraerts Tue, 06/01/2010 - 23:08
User Badges:

Hi there,

What I would 'like' is that I only would need to upload it once and that it would be 'available' in the repository.

This would replicate (I guess) towards my standby server.

This is what HA is about I would hope?

thx in advance!

I'm thinking my cluster is not functioning as it should.

Q: Is it possible to upload a XML file(that can be checked and modified by script) into documents or is this used for something completely different?

Gergely Szabo Wed, 06/02/2010 - 01:15
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, December 2015

Hi,

What you might try is to set up a HA web server, publish that XML on that web server and then use the Create URL Document step along with the Create XML Document step.

For the HA web server you can set up failover/balanced DNS resolution, etc.

G.

Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 06/02/2010 - 03:42
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

That absolutely is incorrect. The repository resides within the SQL database and is replicated to the local disk of both nodes at runtime for the MIVR subsystem to access faster.

I've done a test in a test env with a file State.xml, placed it in the 
WFAVVID folder and pointed to it in my script via File[sdvbqsvlkjb].

You need to change your variable from File[] to DOC[]. An easy way to ensure you have this right is to use the Browse Repository button on the Document tab of the Expression Editor dialog within the Script Editor. Selecting a file in the repository will include the appropriate syntax and path for you.

Correct Answer
jawilson_1 Wed, 06/02/2010 - 05:09
User Badges:

Jonathan is correct and I agree with him regarding the replication and using the DOC[] variable in your scripts to point to XML files in the Document repository.  Also, did you properly install Cisco MSSQL on each server before rebooting after installing CCX?  MSSQL is required in an HA solution to provide the replication feature across the cluster so data is accessible from either server in case one fails.  I typically by default copy the file onto each server (old habit) and always use DOC[] in my scripts and point to the XML document in the repository.

bgc-tls-leveraerts Wed, 06/02/2010 - 11:08
User Badges:

Hi there,

Big thanks already for the replies!

I'll try it one of these days...

hmmmm I only installed Mssql a little later on both servers. Meaning not before having rebooted the servers...

I guess is should be able to restore it??? (Or I would hope so...) Otherwise? I'd have to reïnstall both servers and they are in another country already...

bollocks...

Actions

This Discussion