UCCX 7 and SQL View

Unanswered Question
Jun 1st, 2010

Does UCCX7 support SQL Views instead or a table? I see under the DB READ step that I can see all the available Views for the user but I'm getting a SQL connection error when I run reactive debugging. My SQL statement returns 1 row so I know the statement is accurate.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Wed, 06/02/2010 - 13:56

Yes, it does support Views.  In fact, using a view is a valid way around the current limitation of not being able to read records from different tables in one SQL statement.

i.e., This wont work in the editor:

SELECT a.name, b.age FROM people AS a, birthdays AS b WHERE a.name = 'Anthony'

Message was edited by: Anthony Holloway - Wow this forum software really upsets me.

michael.huelskoetter Wed, 01/27/2016 - 08:01

Hi Anthony,

can you please tell me, how to edit the jdbc driver URL in case I use a db view?

My customer gave me access to a view and I can't setup a successful db connection.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

p.s.: In the meantime we're using Rel. 10.6 :- ))

Anthony Holloway Wed, 01/27/2016 - 08:16

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer.  I would ask that you post this question in your own topic thread for wider visibility and help.

Deepak Rawat Wed, 01/27/2016 - 08:39

Are you following the instructions mentioned in the below Admin Guide to setup DSN connection:

BTW which DB server are you using, make sure it is one of the supported one as mentioned in the below Compatibility Matrix:

Gergely Szabo Wed, 01/27/2016 - 08:45

what is the error message you are getting?

Are you able to create the JDBC connection or does it fail, too?

This Discussion