7960G Factory Reset Problem

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2010

Hi all,

So I picked up a couple of 7960G's running SIP. Naturally they are password locked and the default passwords "Cisco" and "cisco" do not work. I have tried the hold down "#" at boot and this does nothing.

Firmware is POS3-06-3-00

Boot Load - PC030301

DSP Load - PS03AT38

To repeat, the accepted solution of "power off" > "hold down # key" > "lights flash in sequence" does not work on either handset. Is there another "secret" reboot method for this firmware version?

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mattbolton Wed, 06/02/2010 - 01:14

No, that "procedure" just doesn't work. Watched the youtube vids, read all the forum posts.These handsets just don't behave that way. If I hold down the "#" key at boot, it just boots normally and comes up with the Cisco Logo and "Configuring VLANS" and "Requesting Configuration" at the bottom.

Also tried the "**#" at the main screen but the Network config stays locked.

luklambe Wed, 06/02/2010 - 01:28

Have you tried to provision it ... from memory you can only do one factory reset before you need to load config files from a TFTP server.
Depending on your softswitch try to provision the phone.

The cisco guide for it is here but is a little detailed compared to the examples on the internet. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/8_0/english/administration/guide/sip80AG.pdf

mattbolton Wed, 06/02/2010 - 16:23

Thanks Luke,

Given that the TFTP server is coded in the handset I guess I'll have to configure our TFTP server to that address to trick the handsets.

We'll give it a try!

Actions

This Discussion