Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only 10 macs at a time on AP?

My science teachers have a macintosh cart but they say they can only get 10 of the macs on at time onto the AP-1142N. We do not do authentication yet so is there some kind of limit-which I could not find anywhere.

thanks

Gary

8 Replies 8

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

By default there isn't any limit on the number of associations to the AP.  Is this an autonomous or lightweight AP?  If its autonomous you can configure the maximum number of associations per SSID with the mac-associations command.

These are Lightweight controlled by a 5508

Wireless > Radio of your choice > RRM > General > look under "Profile Threshold For Traps" > "Clients (1 to 75)"

By default, it's set to 12 but you can increase this.

Hope this helps and kindly don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

see post below

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

what are the macs doing when the 11th user tries to get on?  I have seen connectivity issues when the currently associated users are sucking up bandwidth.

I am not in the room but my internet traffic device tells me that these things are always doing those huge dreaded bandwidth killer Apple software updates. I'm wondering if that is strangleholding them.

thanks

Gary

That would not supprise me at all.  When enough macs are updating, I see a performance hit on a gigabit wired network as well.

I am not in the room but my internet traffic device tells me that these things are always doing those huge dreaded bandwidth killer Apple software updates. I'm wondering if that is strangleholding them.

thanks

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: