Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not install RME 4.3 Device packages

mbilgrav
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am installing a new server fra scratch. I have installed LMS3.2 win32 DVD and run cm521 patch and CMDeviceUpdate v11.0.

I have updated CS MDF to 1.41 aswell ad DeviceData

Now it is the RME turn, I select the ServerPath and selects all the 25 updates there and click install.

when the server gets to it, it just says failed and check to activity log, but nothing is in the log files.

the psu.log donesn't really indicate any errors.

any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It seems similar problems have been creeping up on other LMS 3.2 servers.  I worked with an SE for a few hours today, and found there is indeed a package problem.  Two of the packages have circular dependencies.  For servers that have been incremently updating packages, they didn't see a problem.  For new installations of RME 4.3.1, the circular dependency triggered a stack overflow.

New packages will be posted early next week.  If you need immediate help, you can contact TAC, and they can provide you with a package repository which is fully up-to-date, and will solve this problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the psu.log.  Chances are there was a problem installing the initial set of RME 4.3 device packages, and you will need TAC's help to provide you an up-to-date snapshot to seed your respository.  If that is the case, you will want to move to RME 4.3.1 first.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I had problems running 4.3.1 patch since it broke the DeviceCenter tasks etc. So I really want not to use 431

I solved the problem by downloading the packages once more. The files I started out with turned out to be downloaded from a RME4.3.1 server, and it looks like these files can not be installed on a fresh server i.e. RME4.3.0

I didnt expect that ...

Also since I can not install the same files on the server running 4.3.1 (This was actually why I installed a new server to start with)

On the problem RME4.3.1 server:

I deleted all files from download folder and redownloaded all files.

I installed all packeages (26 items) but gets error=failed look in act.log but notthing is there ...

here is PSU.log - Does it make sense to you ?

This has become a huge problem for me now.

I updated the newly  feshly installed server to RME4.3.1 and redownloaded all RME Deviceupdate files, but this will not install.

I simply can not get the new updates unto RME4.3.1 both my old running server or a new fresh installed server ...

please advice

I ahve attached the PSU log from the new server aswell

I'm not seeing any errors in this psu.log.  Have you installed the latest version of the Common Services MDF (1.41)?  If not, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and check the Common Services box.  Download and install just the MDF.  That should succeed as there are no dependencies.  If so, try to install the RME 4.3.1 device updates again.  If that fails, post the output of the Common Services > Software Center > Activity Log > Event Log for the latest failed execution.

It seems similar problems have been creeping up on other LMS 3.2 servers.  I worked with an SE for a few hours today, and found there is indeed a package problem.  Two of the packages have circular dependencies.  For servers that have been incremently updating packages, they didn't see a problem.  For new installations of RME 4.3.1, the circular dependency triggered a stack overflow.

New packages will be posted early next week.  If you need immediate help, you can contact TAC, and they can provide you with a package repository which is fully up-to-date, and will solve this problem.

Hey Joe,

I think its really nice that you take your time to reply !

Also very nice to know that there are in fact  problems with RME.

Let me know if you need any testing done.

I will look forward for the new packages this week.

Hello Joe,

Given the time pasted by, I redownloaded today, and the RME packages are now installed correctly.

So whatever you did seem to works.

I still have the Issue with the Tasks and links missing from the DeviceCenter page.

This came right after upgrade to RME4.3.1, and before I solved this by apply the patch in bugID :

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCtc21648

But this patch are now useless.

Any ideas as how I can get the DeviceCenter views back ?

It looks like the shots in the attachements...

Also It seems like the problem I have with some Cat4500 are not done inventory on are still unsolved.

This issues I also recieved a patch for previously ...

Any Idea why some catalysts are not done inventory on ?

It sounds like there may be some database issues.  Open a service request with TAC, and they can walk you through modifying the PIDM table in the CMF database to get your Device Center tasks back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco