One CUPC user is stuck on Offline, but Available to others.

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2010
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Troubleshooting one user who can login without a problem, and the client reads the contacts from the CUPS server, but it will only allow him to be in 'Offline' status.  Also, he cannot see anyone else's status, and hence cannot IM anyone.  However, when he is logged in, others show him as available.  He can also use the softphone to recieve and place calls.

There are no problems reported in Server Health.  I have verified that his CUCM username matches his AD username.  This occurs wherever he logs in (on different clients), but doesn't if he logs into a different CUPS server (different domain).  The only clue I can see is a packet I am seeing about a malformed SIP packet during subscription while I was packet-sniffing.  Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
htluo Wed, 06/02/2010 - 10:41
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Have you tried to log onto his CUPC with another user ID?

Have you tried to log onto another personal's CUPC with his user ID?

See if the problem follow the user ID or the computer?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

CHRIS CHARLEBOIS Wed, 06/02/2010 - 12:40
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Actually, I found the problem.  Last week I had to change the domain name, which caused all internal contacts to be invalid and need to be recreated.  I didn't know this user hadn't recreated his list.  Normally, that wouldn't cause this problem, but this user, for reasons that will remain a mystery 'til the end o' time, had himself setup as a contact.  Once I deleted that contact, his presence popped right up.

Actions

This Discussion