cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Key Stroke capturing

jbingham
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently trying to track and monitor key strokes made by phones for active calls. The issue we are trying to combat is call fraud by our call center agents. We are hearing of reps who find IVR's to dial and figure out how to keep themselves in call loops to pad their call times, keep out of the queue, etc. We would like to be able to take a dialed number from an agent from the CDR and recreate the call by seeing what numbers were pressed during a call to determine if the reps are indeed trying to pad their call times etc. Does Cisco have a tool out there that captures this data in an easy to get tool? CDR does not capture this data and TAC has told me that I would need to dig through log files to get the information I need. Any information and help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wow. That is interesting.  I am not aware of any Cisco developed tool that will do this for you.  You have to look in at least two places for the data.  You would need to look at CDRs to determine calls that are placed, when they were placed, and duration.  You would also need call manager service traces to correlate key strokes.  This assumes you are using SCCP and that the traces are set to Significant level.  You need that to get the kpbutton trace entries.

The CM traces would also show the calls that users initiated as well.  There may be a 3rd party tool floating around or you may be able to develop your own tool.  You would need to get your CM traces off box using a scheduled process of some type (later revisions of RTMT can schedule retreival of traces, but I haven't used it heavily).

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify