cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME v8 - Help (?) Button on Phone support

Ryan Schwab
Level 1
Level 1

Annoying issue that I'm running into. The Help (Green ? button) on my phone does not work properly - Press it once it says "Choose an option..for help" but pressing a 2nd button does nothing.

Is this option supported yet in CME 8.0? If so, where do I start to configure this?

Opinions are appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ryan,

Sorry man ...still not supported

This doc contains all the CME 8.0 (IOS 15.x ) updated info;

url  (telephony-service)

To provision uniform resource locators (URLs) for Cisco  Unified IP phones connected to the Cisco Unified CME router, use the url  command in telephony-service configuration mode. To remove a URL  association, use the no form of this command.

url {authentication |  directories | information | messages | proxy-server | services} url

no url  {authentication | directories | information | messages | proxy-server |  services}

information

Uses  the information at the specified URL for the Information button  display. This button may be labeled "i" or "?".

Note Cisco Unified CME does not support provisioning an  information URL to access help using the i or ? buttons on a phone.

From this  good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_u1ht.html

Hope this  helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ryan,

Sorry man ...still not supported

This doc contains all the CME 8.0 (IOS 15.x ) updated info;

url  (telephony-service)

To provision uniform resource locators (URLs) for Cisco  Unified IP phones connected to the Cisco Unified CME router, use the url  command in telephony-service configuration mode. To remove a URL  association, use the no form of this command.

url {authentication |  directories | information | messages | proxy-server | services} url

no url  {authentication | directories | information | messages | proxy-server |  services}

information

Uses  the information at the specified URL for the Information button  display. This button may be labeled "i" or "?".

Note Cisco Unified CME does not support provisioning an  information URL to access help using the i or ? buttons on a phone.

From this  good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_u1ht.html

Hope this  helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

eblancha
Level 1
Level 1

Not quite true. IThe Information URL is supported but the format must be a text file ending with .txt. Ends up to be only a very simple file - not much use. Here's a simple text file that I've used to demonstrate:

http://www.telecomworld.ca/CME-InfoURL.txt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: