cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broken Cisco Unity / Unified Communications Manager association

cisco_user_45
Level 1
Level 1

We have several Cisco Unity Connection users with the following status in their profiles:

"This user's association to the co-resident Cisco Unified Communications Manager user has been broken.

Please Click Here to reassociate the orphaned user."

Clicking on the reassociation button does not show any of the users with broken associations, just a few resource users.

Is there any way to reassociate these users with CUCM without having to delete them in Unity Connection along with their mailboxes?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Earl,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution

+5 for this good follow-up that will help others going forward.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cisco_user_45
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Earl,

This great answer was posted up by Ginger not too long ago

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1217501#1217501

Cheers!

Rob

These are the steps I took to resolve the issue. I was particularly concerned about users losing saved messages in their voicemail. The posted solution did not give much detail on what to do.

1) Create a new user in CUCM. For example, I have a user called 'John Doe' in the system. I created a new one called 'John Doe2'.

2) After creating the user I associated 'John Doe2' to the phone in use by 'John Doe'. Then I set the Primary Extension as needed for that user. Hit the 'Save' button and verify that the 'Create Cisco Unity User' option shows up in the drop-down box in the right hand corner.

3) Log into Cisco Unity Connection Administration, and select 'John Doe'. Click on the link to re-associate and select 'John Doe2'. This links the Unity user to the CUCM user.

4) Log back into CUCM and select 'John Doe' from the user list. Remove all device associations from the user. Hit Save, then delete the user.

5) Select 'John Doe2' and rename the user as 'John Doe'.

These steps fixed my problem. I had to do it for all the users whose association was broken. One note to make is that the voicemail PIN is automatically reset to the default I believe, which is 0000. Other than that voicemail continues to work normally and users don't have to redo their greetings and such.

Hi Earl,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution

+5 for this good follow-up that will help others going forward.

Cheers!

Rob