cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the mean as '%LFD-CFC8-6-RESOURCE'?

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

At these day, We are installing the C7600 with MPLS P router.

and inserted C6724 line card to C7600 chassis, and enable 'mpls ip' on that interface port.

the 6724 has CFC daughtor board card,

when I enable mpls ip on 6724 with CFC, the log message was occurred as following,

'Jun  2 14:58:33.446 KST: %LFD-CFC8-6-RESOURCE: MPLS supported in hardware forwarding only'

I have searched the log message on cco, google, but can't find the log description.

the key point is that above log message appeared on 6724 with CFC, but 6724 with DFC has no log message like above.

So I think that the log message is related in 6700 with CFC, not DFC. simple label switching support on SUP720-3BXL, not depended on linecard.

I would like to know the specific information above log. and check the side effect when we enable 'mpls ip' on interface.

2 Replies 2

jorge.calvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Basically, that log message means that MPLS is not supported by software on that specific module + forwarding card combination.

From my understanding, the WX-X6724-SFP LC only supports MPLS in hardware mode with the use of a DFC daughter card and not in software mode with a CFC by relying on the supervisor for the forwarding process.

Hope this helps.

podhillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please use the error message decoder on cisco.com:

1. %LFD-6-RESOURCE: [chars]

MPLS is not supported by the platform.

Recommended Action: No action is required.

LINK Messages

This section contains data link messages.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

%LFD-6-RESOURCE:

MPLS software is disabled on LC.

Recommended Action: No action is required.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

[chars]

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Errordecoder/index.cgi?action=search&index=all&locale=en&query=%25LFD-CFC8-6-RESOURCE%3A+MPLS+supported+in+hardware+forwarding+only&counter=0&paging=5&links=reference&sa=Submit

Please let me if this was helpful.

Regards,

podhillo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: