Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 caching issues?

php2b12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

After installing RV042 I've started expiriencing  strange issue. It looks like there is a caching mechanism inside the  router. Almost every time I enter a page it loads with no CSS styles or  images. I have to hit refresh button several times to get the page  displayed properly. The same problem happens using any browser and on  each machine connected to this router: Vista, XP and 7. Here is an  example how it looks when I try to enter ebay for the first session:

Here is how it  looks after I hit refresh button:

Any ideas? Thanks!

CISCO as usual is extremely "useful" :-/

1 Reply 1

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Well, I can honestly say that, me, personally, have never seing something like this before.

In any case, what I can recommend is to check if you are running the latest version of the firmware, which is 1.3.12.19-tm.

Here is the link to download it. http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Small+Business+Router+Firmware&mdfid=282414010&treeName=Routers&mdfLevel=MODEL&url=null&modelName=Cisco+RV042+4-port+10%2F100+VPN+Router+-+Dual+WAN&isPlatform=N&treeMdfId=268437899&mo...

When you do the upgrade, reset the device to factory defaults and reconfigure it manually.

That may take care of the issue, if it doesn't then give us a call at 866-606-1866.

Hope this helps