Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting problems when configuring Motion Detection on VSOM

esuycana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Tried to get Motion Detection to work but I am having problems.

Below are the HW we are currently using:

CIVS-MSP-1RU (4TB)

CIVS-IPC-2500W

CIVS-IPC-4500

Tried disabling VMR and DVR and I am still not able to see the live feed.

I am using two client machine, one is a Windows XP and the other one is Windows 7.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Edward

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This error can be resolved by uninstalling the DXclient from add remove programs and the Cisco

Video Surveillance Client (the one installed by vsom.)  Then before going back to vsom load the 4300/4500

and install the dxclient again from the camera webpage.

As for the original post, it is because your video card is not sufficient and also windows 7 isn't supported.  Disabling vmr won't work because the motion config applet seems to require the same sort of video card requirements as vmr.

All this is to the best of my knowledge.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

bcc.technik.ip
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried to watch the stream directly on the cam via iexplorer? Did it work?

I got the same error on an virtual matrix client because its onboard graphic card memory was too small.

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to directly watch the video stream in explorer and I don't have any problems with the 2500W. When I view the stream on 4500, I get the following error.

But I can view both streams on the VSOM. But when I configure Motion Detection, that is when I get the error.

This error can be resolved by uninstalling the DXclient from add remove programs and the Cisco

Video Surveillance Client (the one installed by vsom.)  Then before going back to vsom load the 4300/4500

and install the dxclient again from the camera webpage.

As for the original post, it is because your video card is not sufficient and also windows 7 isn't supported.  Disabling vmr won't work because the motion config applet seems to require the same sort of video card requirements as vmr.

All this is to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks ejohnson73. That solved the problem. I am now able to view the 4500 IP camera using the DxPlayInstaller that is provided by the camera. But I am still having problems with the motion detection.

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

I have seen your XP problem before. It may your video driver and/or video card. How new are the PCs you are trying to use?

For me the display problem occurred when trying to view multiple feeds at once in VSOM.

The laptops that I am currently using are Toshiba Satellite Pro M200 and a Portege M900. The M200 have an Intel GMA and the M900 has an ATI HD 4570 video cards but I believe that you can still configure motion detection using an ordinary video card because you are only viewing a single camera feed.

If you wish to view multiple videos, the Intel GMA would not be enough. Please correct me if I am wrong and thanks for replying.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: