Call disconnected after 5 minutes

Unanswered Question
Jun 3rd, 2010

Hello Dears,

we are facing a situation here where IP calls from remote site is disconnected after 5 minutes when it is to otehr remote site

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Site 1 (phone registered on CCM on site 2)---- site 2 (CUCM 7 )--------- IP trunk ------ site 3 ( CUCM7)

When calls from site 1 to site 3 >>>> disconnects after 5 minutes

When calls from site 2 to site 3 >>> no problem

When calls from site 1 to site 2>>>> no problem

is there any parameters on the CUCM limit the call duration ?, is there any bug ?

Thanks & BR

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Hailey Wed, 06/09/2010 - 21:20

Without being able to get the full picture of the network topology, I'd offer the following comments to get started here:

1) There is no limit on CUCM call duration that would cause calls to cut off at 5 minutes.

2) You need to fully vet the routing between all sites - particularly between Site 1 and Site 3 as if there is a pretty close 5 minute mark on disconnects, you could have some issue with flapping/reconvergence of links within the network.  It's hard to sometimes track this down but I would definitely focus in a solid effort there.

3) What phones, what firmware, and what codec is used between Site 1 / Site 3, Site 2 / Site 3, and Site 1 / Site 2?

Please rate helpful posts!

moamen.elhefnawy Sun, 06/13/2010 - 00:15

Hello Hailey,

First of all thanks for your reply , second I have developed a troubleshooting plan to isolate the problem and I found that problems related to the IP range assigned to Site1 (once using any other range problem disappear).

so I will check the routing, the FWs between the sites and feed back.

Thanks again.

This Discussion