Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call disconnected after 5 minutes

Hello Dears,

we are facing a situation here where IP calls from remote site is disconnected after 5 minutes when it is to otehr remote site

Setup:

Site 1 (phone registered on CCM on site 2)---- site 2 (CUCM 7 )--------- IP trunk ------ site 3 ( CUCM7)

When calls from site 1 to site 3 >>>> disconnects after 5 minutes

When calls from site 2 to site 3 >>> no problem

When calls from site 1 to site 2>>>> no problem

is there any parameters on the CUCM limit the call duration ?, is there any bug ?

Thanks & BR

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Without being able to get the full picture of the network topology, I'd offer the following comments to get started here:

1) There is no limit on CUCM call duration that would cause calls to cut off at 5 minutes.

2) You need to fully vet the routing between all sites - particularly between Site 1 and Site 3 as if there is a pretty close 5 minute mark on disconnects, you could have some issue with flapping/reconvergence of links within the network.  It's hard to sometimes track this down but I would definitely focus in a solid effort there.

3) What phones, what firmware, and what codec is used between Site 1 / Site 3, Site 2 / Site 3, and Site 1 / Site 2?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hello Hailey,

First of all thanks for your reply , second I have developed a troubleshooting plan to isolate the problem and I found that problems related to the IP range assigned to Site1 (once using any other range problem disappear).

so I will check the routing, the FWs between the sites and feed back.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: