Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP negotiation on Cisco7609 and several other routers

joepena2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i want to use "egress-method negotiated-return intercept-method wccp" between WAE's as well as several different routers.

current environment:

1x WAE 612

2x 7609     IOS: 12.2.33 SRD 2

2x 3825     IOS: 12.4.15 T9

2x 3725     IOS: 12.4.15 T9

2x 3845     IOS: 12.4.15 T9

2x 7204     IOS: 12.3.20

now to my plan:

I want to establish one more WAE (WAE674) to prevent from overload situations. Additional i would like to modify my current

design to a "GRE return" design.

Now i'm not sure, all the rest of my WAAS deployments i changed to "negotiated return" and it runs well.

Now i would appreciate to consolidate my deployments either in the described Data Centre.

Is there a chance to use negotiated return in this complex design?

thanks for your feedback

Dieter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry Dieter.  I misread your original post.  If all of these routers are in the same WCCP service group, they will all need to use the same egress method.  Since the 7600's have the limitation with negotiated return, you will need to use Generic GRE on all of the routers.  This shouldn't be a problem with the platforms you have listed.

Zach

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dieter,

Using negotiated return is fine on all of the platforms you listed except the 7609's.  On the 7609, you should use Generic GRE as the egress method.  More information on configuring the egress methods is available here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v417/configuration/guide/traffic.html#wp1106308

Regards,

Zach

Hello Zach,

thks for your feedback.

so if i understood it right, i need to configure a "multipoint GRE tunnel on each of the routers in my list.

Could you tell me if all of the routers and ios ver. supporting this?

Or what feature should i verify in feature navigator?

Dieter

Dieter,

You only need to use Generic GRE on the 7609's.  All of the other platforms will support negotiated return without a problem.  Multipoint GRE tunnels should not be a problem in 12.2SRD.

Regards,

Zach

Hi Zach,

thanks again for your reply.

hmm, and how can i configure the WAE for Generic GRE to the 7609 as well as negotiated return for the other routers?

Dieter

Sorry Dieter.  I misread your original post.  If all of these routers are in the same WCCP service group, they will all need to use the same egress method.  Since the 7600's have the limitation with negotiated return, you will need to use Generic GRE on all of the routers.  This shouldn't be a problem with the platforms you have listed.

Zach

Hi Zach,

so now i got it,

thank you very much for your help, and i'll do the changes within the next weeks.

Dieter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: