Views
Helpful
Replies

RME softver repository problem

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hi!

I came on a snag when i tried the upload softvare from device to repository.

The job results shows the following:

Error Message:
SWIM1124: Failed to copy the image from Flash due to the reason - SWIM5004: Cannot initiate SNMP-set operation.
The SNMP Write Community String might be wrong.

I have checked many times and i run the management station to devices function and everything were ok.

The snmp debug on router shows there were not snmp set regquest from RME. I saw snmp get packets only. The RME asks the flash data ( partition, file names etc ) and nothing else. RME version 4.3.2

Eralier i used the default snmp communities w/o problem but now i had to change them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Run a "Check Device Credential" job from Device Center for the RW community for this device.  If this fails, make sure the community is correct under CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management.  You can perform an export of the credentials to make sure they are correct.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Run a "Check Device Credential" job from Device Center for the RW community for this device.  If this fails, make sure the community is correct under CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management.  You can perform an export of the credentials to make sure they are correct.

Hi Joel,

First of all i would like to thanks your answer.

The Check Device Credential shows the snmp communities rw was false.

I changed the communities so i clicked to device credentials button on  the Device Credentials Verification Job Details form.

The softver upload is working right now from this device.

----------------------------------

Earlier i tried to run the management station to devices function and it was succcessful for SNMP RW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to change the commnities via CS > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

Despit all these the RME fetching was not working.

I do not unterstand what is the different .

Regards

The management station does not actually try to query the device using the community or login with the telnet/SSH credentials (just tests protocol), which is why you should use the "Check Device Credential" job instead when testing the credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco