Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting FXO PSTN Trunks in CUCME

Shawn Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a method of selecting outbound FXO PSTN Trunks based on caller, without having to dial a trunk access code.  I have inherited a customer that currently has one user dial "9" for outbound calls and another user dial "8" for outbound calls.  This customer does not want to dial the access code, but only want certain users to use certain trunks.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Shawn C. Smith

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shawn,

The following link has a good example of how to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon!

This has helped greatly, my only problem now is that because I am trying this with a CME the incoming dial-peer created for this task is never matched.  The incoming dial-peer matched is a system dial-peer of 20020. any ideas how to work around this.  Thanks

Shawn

You can apply the translation profile to the ephone-dn, such as:

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

translation-profile outgoing Phone1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for the continued replies Brandon,

I have tried the above and many other "workaround" methhod that I could think of for translating the answer DN but none seem to work on the CME.  When debugging voip ccapi inout; if I simply pickup the handset, the inbound dial peer 20020 is matched before I evan dial a number.  Any other Ideas?  Thanks!

Shawn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: