cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1 Search Space Directory Handler

gear53x11
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone, getting ready to cutover to UnityConnection from Unity 4. I am having a difficult time with the directory handlers working the way I want. In Unity 4 I've always used COS for the search scope. However, I like the idea of search spaces. I can get the COS search scope working fine. When I change the search scope to a seach space I do not have any matching names. My user is configured to be in the search space SS_Atlanta and my directory handler is searching the search space SS_Atlanta. The SS_Atlanta contains the partition PART_Atlanta. Even if I change my partition info I still get 0 results.

Thanks,

Matt

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What partition are the user extensions contained in and what CSS do they have visibility to?

Hailey

So I am dialing 3176 from another IP phone (same results if I dial in from an external number). Below is my config

Partition:

PART_Atlanta

Search Space:

SS_Atlanta (contains PART_Atlanta)

Directory Handler:

DH_Atlanta

Class of Service:

COS_Atlanta

-----------------------------------------------------------

Extension 3176

Partition: default

Search Space: SS_Atlanta

Class of Service: COS_Atlanta

If call presses 1, sends to DH_Atlanta

Extension 4156

Partition: default

Search Space:  SS_Atlanta

Class of Service: COS_Atlanta

Directory Handler DH_Atlanta:

Partition: PART_Atlanta

Search Scope: SS_Atlanta

So, did some more troubleshooting. When I put either extension above in the partition PART_Atlanta, when I press the messages button OR when I dial the number, the CUC default greeting plays. It does ring to my greetings. When I remove the partition from the extensions it rings to my greetings just fine. What partition/CSS does the incoming call from call manager get tagged in? Is there something I am missing as how to define what is coming from call manager??

So, in just looking quickly at this - I noted that your user extensions are in the default partition; however, your DH has the CSS of SS_Atlanta assigned which appears to specifically contain only the PART_Atlanta partition.  Look at SS_Atlanta and you should see assigned and unassigned partitions.  What partitions are unassigned?  The DH can only look up user extensions that are in partitions assigned to it's CSS.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks Hailey. I had to add my branch partitions to the default CSS.

No problem.  I thought that would be the case.  As for some of your questions/comments about behavior from a CUCM/phone dialing perspective vs. what happens once a call gets into CUC, these are independent of each other really.  The PT's and CSS that are created in CUC determine what objects in CUC have visibility to once a call enters voicemail and lands on a specific call handler or user object, etc.  The CUCM is simply getting the call to voicemail - there is no tagging or anything other than CUCM saying here is a call that was redirected to voicemail and providing the info (call info) associated with that call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: