Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue for CUE developers

I have an issue for CUE script developers, I will try to explain as much detailed as I can.  Using the default scripts, when you dial an extension number, if there is no one available to answer the call, the call forwards to VM, but what I need is that after 10 seconds of no answer, rescue the call and play a prompt and execute a menu with other options.  I'm using CUE Editor, and my problem is to rescue the call after is forwarded to extension number, is there a way (command) to rescue the call before forwarding the call to VM??

It seems that the call doesn´t need to be forwarded (Redirect).

CUE developers, any idea that could help??

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

steakandeggs
Level 1
Level 1

You'll have to modify the default scripts. Create a variable of the type "contact". Then use a "Place Call" step and assign the contact variable to it. This new contact is the call you're making. Set RNA to 10. You should be able to take it from here.

B

Thanks steakandeggs for your answer, I have been working on your recommendations modifying the script with CUE editor, but seriously I don't have enough experience configuring, if it's possible, don't you have those lines already created that you could share it!!??  It will be great if there is a chance, thanks.

In CUE scripting, you cannot rescue a "Call Redirect" step after it is initiated.

So what you want to do may not be possible in CUE, but it may be possible in TCL/IVR.

@p.bevilacqua:

Yes you cannot rescue a call redirect step, but  you CAN rescue a place call step.

@jcperez:

I don't have any examples worked up for you. I have not used the place call step in CUE but I have used it in Call Center Express for this very purpose and it works great. The place call step should do the job.

Hi,

Yes the place call step in UCCX is a cool one but with CUE scripts there is no place call step...just a call redirect step.

Gabriel.

There is a Place Call step in Unity Express, at least in the 3.2.1 version of the developer. Check out the attached screenshot.

Hi,

Wow I have never seen that...take a look at my screenshot, same version no place call step. Now I need someone to explain me such thing.

Gabriel.

It's the same case for me as Gabriel, how did you did that steakandeggs??

I don't know. I have about 5 instances of CUE developer installed. I also have UCCX developer installed. Maybe there is some bleedover of the libraries? I haven't seen if the step actually compiles and runs on CUE so....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: