Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 7985 phone load

antonio.perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to know if I can upload 7985 phone load to a UC520 (CME 8.0) ? because in the UC520-8.0.2.zip is not available.

And if it is possible, were can i download the .zip for 7985?

thanks & regards.

Antonio.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Antonio,

Does it do this with the other phone loads? Come up with the error?

Do you know your way around the CLI? If so are you willing to do it that way?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Brandon

Actually  i have the  7985-sscp.zip file, but when i try to upload via CCA, show an error that the file is not compatible.

any sugestion?

Thnks

Antonio.

Hi Antonio,

Does it do this with the other phone loads? Come up with the error?

Do you know your way around the CLI? If so are you willing to do it that way?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David

yeah, with CLI works, i dont know why via CCA dont works, anyway now i can connect a 7985,

another question, now i want to Register phones with Spain Region ( I want Mexico but i cant find Mexico CME, only Spain) other phones can upgrade Lenguage and region to Spain succesfuly, but the 7985 not, any suggestion?

Thnks for all

Antonio.

Hi Antonio,

Actually I do not have an answer for this, I have never used a 7985 and I am unfamiliar with their behavior, sorry about that

Cheers,

David.

OK good no prob., thnks anyway david,

for this case in particular (7985 phone load) are close now jeje, i will open another discussion about the 7985 Upload region problem.

Thnks & Regards.

Antonio.

Hi Antonio,

Somewhere under one of the posts there will be a button that says "Correct Answer" find the one that you believe answered your questions, click it and this will show up in the thread listings as completed (A yellow tick will be visible).

Cheers,

David.

Couple of observations and information sharing.

7985 phone load (4.1.7) hasn’t changed since 2008, but this is not to say we wont see  a 4.1.8 in the future.

7985 announced EOS/EOL in March 2010, will be orderable through September 2010 and then supported through 2015.

While there is no ‘load’ statement under telephony-service in the UC500 configuration, it is available to build:
UC540#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
UC540(config)#telephony-service
UC540(config-telephony)#load 798?

When it powers on, it looks for the XMLDefault file, which is in System:ITS and then loads tones and registers.

064763: Jun  8 09:55:53.990: TFTP: Opened system:/its/XMLDefault7985.cnf.xml, fd 13, size 1767 for process 339
064764: Jun  8 09:55:54.086: TFTP: Finished system:/its/XMLDefault7985.cnf.xml, time 00:00:00 for process 339
064765: Jun  8 09:55:54.118: TFTP: Looking for United_States/7980-tones.xml

Looking inside this file, load is blank

So I will ask why this is not included in the CCA Phone Load Manager.   I have an idea that I know why that was motivated (perhaps due to the expensiveness of this phone (List $3700) and the size of the firmware (considering UC520 flash is limited)), but I am not really sure.

In the mean time, here is a Lab tht shows how this is done as a temporary workaround...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9815

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: