cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail 8.0(3) with Outlook 2010

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

Does Viewmail 8.0(3) work with Office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit?

24 Replies 24

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Release Notes for Cisco Unity ViewMail for  Microsoft Outlook Release 8.0(3)

Microsoft Windows 7

The following versions of Microsoft Windows 7 are qualified for use with  ViewMail for Outlook 8.0(3) on subscriber workstations:

Windows 7 Professional (32- and  64-bit)

Windows 7 Enterprise (32- and  64-bit)

Windows 7 Ultimate (32- and  64-bit)

Microsoft Windows 7 is not supported with any earlier versions of  ViewMail for Outlook.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/vmo/release/notes/803cuvmorn.html

Table 1     Supported Version Combinations for  Cisco Unity 8.0(3) with Exchange and the Software on Subscriber  Workstations 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cuclientmtx.html#wp395244

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I kind of knew about the Windows 7 support with 8.0(3).  How about the Outlook 2010 Support.

Has anyone been able to get this to work in Outlook 2010?  We're getting our Office 2010 deployment into

high gear.  Despite hour of trying, I haven't been able to get ViewMail 8.0(3) to display the form

or any of the functionality to work.

Trying with both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit.

Hi

was able to have this work on Windows 7 32-bit & Office 2007, Upgraded to Office 2010 and was still working fine. One day it just stopped working for no apparent reason and we are now unable to make it work again. Either the form doesn't install or if it does install it doesn't run. Anyone worked round this yet?

Darren

Hi

I have now spent a bit of time on this. It seems that you have to manually add the form. If you open the viewmail.oft from the viewmail folder you can then publish this to your personal form store. It needs to have a name of ipm.note.voice.unity. The description by default is Viewmail for Outlook. You may get an issue when you try to run the form. This can be corrected by adding a key to the registry for activeX. If you google one off forms for outlook you'll find the right key.

hope this helps

Darren

Can you provide a more detailed description of the steps you took?  I haven't had any luck.

How did you manually add the form?

Did you have to actually change the name to ipm.note.voice.unit, and if so how?

Thanks!

Hi Nash

I'll try and break this down into steps

firstly you will need to add the reg key needed to allow you to open the forms, it is more than likely this that has stopped the whole thing from working.

I used this this link for this info http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=67

you will see at the bottom the key

To use a registry entry, add a DWORD value named AllowActiveXOneOffForms to the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security I set mine to 2 but you can try a lower setting if you like

1. Inside outlook 2010 turn on the developer tab

2. Select choose form from the developer tab ribbon

3. select user templates in filesystem then browse

4. find the location of your viewmail install, c:\program files\viewmail by default, select ok

5. you should now see the voicemessage.oft, select this and press open

6. you should now be looking at a blank viewmail form.

7. select the developer tab again and the publish button

8. set the display name as viewmail for outlook and the form name as voice.unity and publish you will see the message class at the bottom automatically becomes ipm.note.voice.unity

I think thats all I did to make it work but may have changed other things while testing. I have tested this procedure on another machine since and seemed to do the trick.

hope it helps and good luck

Darren

This is worked for me thanks a bunch......only outstanding issue I have is that it does not seem possible to get VMO shortcut icon to appear in the Outlook tool bar.  Instead you just need to manually open the newly created form.

tmking001
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the registry key and the manual publishing of the *.oft file, but I've got some computers that work and others that still receive the "To prevent malicious code" error.  I've thus far been unable to find how these systems might differ.  It's definitely not linked to the user's Exchange mailbox itself as I can log in on two different PCs with the same user account and have one work and the other throw the error and refuse to open the form.

If anybody finds the magic bullet I'd be really interested to know.  Also, is Cisco working on an updated version of the client to properly add it's menus to Outlook 2010?

For domain environments, you should try this  instead of editing the registry: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff657852.aspx

I wasn't able to make the registry change through regedit.  The Security key was hidden and I couldn't get to it.  I ran the following and it worked:  

Reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security /v AllowActiveXOneOffForms /t REG_DWORD  /d 1

I have one outstanding issue with getting this to work.  On Outlook 2007, I'd select Tools, Viewmail Options to set the server and extension information.  Where is that in 2010?

I found that the first time I tried to open a message, it would prompt for the extension and the server.  It only does that once.  In order to change, if necessary, I found that the information is stored in the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems\Cisco Unity\Media Master\Profiles\default

There are two keys, one for the extension and one for the server.

"Telephone Record and Playback extension"="1234"
"Telephone Record and Playback server"="IP or hostname"

So far, so good on Outlook 2010.

The information provided work for me for the most part.  I'm trying to get the message to play by clicking on the arrow,

like I did before Office 2010 and I get nothing.  If I click on the .wav file below that, it will open MS media player and play.

Any insight on getting it to play this way?

Thanks.

When you first opened the email containing the voicemail, were you prompted to add the extension and the server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: