cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach - Mobility Question

wesducote
Level 1
Level 1

We are deploying a Call Manager 7 system and we are configuring mobility.  We have been asked if there is a way for the call manager to not ring the remote destination when the user is on the primary line on his/her phone.

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't tested this, but I believe you can modify the busy trigger on the line to a value of one and then CFB to voicemail or other coverage location.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mobility basically works as a shared line, it has no idea of any other DNs and doesn't take them into consideration for anything.

It won't look at the status of any other line to determine whether it should call or not.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sure.  So, you modify the busy trigger on the line appearance associated with the RDP.  Wouldn't that work?  Since it is a shared line appearance I think it would.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

mmmm. It might work, not 100% about that, but it's worth trying

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We have changed the max calls and busy trigger to 2 / 1 and 1 / 1 and the remote destination still rings if the user is on a call on the phone.  We don't want to change the max calls and busy on the line on his phone b/c we would like to still have call waiting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: