Views
Helpful
Replies

Ckeck Status License in ACS 4.2

jrmalmeida
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

How do I check the status of the license of the ACS appliance version 4.2?

Appreciate any help.

Thank´s.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfotunately, ACS 4.x eval do not show the number of days left. This feature has been added in ACS 5.x. On the 90th day, you would see eval version expired.

Hope this helps.

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

Are you asking about Smartnet coverage (support), or something else? There really isn't a license, per-se, with ACS4.2

or ACS4.2SE.

Please clarify your inquiry and we'll try to help as much as possible.

Further to Tim's post, the Licence concept has been added in ACS 5.x.

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

°

Hi!

I would like to see validity of the license of the ACS 4.2 (not license of support). Unable to verify the status of the license in version 4.2? The version is not trial (evaluation license).

In this (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_view/4.0/quick/guide/acsviewqsg.html#wp44636) in procedure to install the license, after upload, is possible verify the validity:

Step 7 Click Upload.

The License Details area summarizes your:

•License ID—Your unique license ID.

•Licensed Host—The UDI of the ACS View appliance.

•ACS Server Count—The number of ACS servers the license supports.

Expiry Days—The license expiry period. An Evaluation license expires in 90 days; a Purchase license never expires.

How can I prove to my customer that the license is valid (not trial)?

Thank´s.

You can verify by looking at the home page of the ACS. If you have access to ACS windows, please click on the CISCO LOGO present on the Top left corner and then look at the version detail in the middle of the page. If there is no word like EVAL then it means your customer is running regular version of ACS.

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Hi JK!

Thank´s for help!

And in the case of an Evaluation license, how do I check how many days remain before it expires?

Thank you.

Unfotunately, ACS 4.x eval do not show the number of days left. This feature has been added in ACS 5.x. On the 90th day, you would see eval version expired.

Hope this helps.

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Thank you very much, JK!

Hi, Please where can I look for this license file?? Regards, Pavan

Hi, Please advise where can I look for this license file?? Regards, Pavan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: