Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n Multiple SSID not showing

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We just got a WAP4410n and cant seem to get multiple SSID's to show up when searching for them.

Only SSID1 shows up in Kismet or any other type of Wifi detector software, is it supposed to be like this?

I would imagine that it should display both SSID's

Mynetwork1

Mynetwork2

Instead of just Mynetwork1, I have tried everything i can think of to connect to the second one but nothing seems to work.

Some help or an explantion would be good.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We've contacted Cisco Small Business support and they are aware of the problem, which is caused by a software bug. I would recommend contacting the support team to get the latest firmware, which solves the problem.

View solution in original post

40 Replies 40

snuske
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed the same problem. Furthermore, in the status panel no MAC address and no IP has been associated with the additional SSID that I have configured. Not surprisingly no packets have been sent or received on this SSID either.

The WAP4410N is running firmware 2.0.1.0 (the latest) and we received the hardware last week so I assume it is the latest revision.

How come no MAC and IP is being associated with the extra SSID?

As far as I can tell the documentation is lacking information related to this issue.

A quick response from a CISCO FAE will be appreciated.

Thank you.

That's the exact same problem we are having, even bought the thing last week  as well

We've contacted Cisco Small Business support and they are aware of the problem, which is caused by a software bug. I would recommend contacting the support team to get the latest firmware, which solves the problem.

Thanks Sigmund.

I've got also the exact same problem.

Also got the latest firmware version (2.0.1.0. I also tried reflashing it with the firmware, but this didn't help anything whatsoever. Still can't use the 2nd defined SSID. And under System Performance Status, no MAC or IP still.

I need to define 2 SSID's for our company's Office WLAN. One for staff and one for quest. So without doing mutliple SSID's the AP is practical useless to us.

If there allready is a newer firmware that solves this issue, why cant this not be downloaded at the normal location where the other firmware versions are too?

I rang the cisco support centre and the guy told me if your MAC address is 00:xx: etc it will work but if its not (like mine 68:xx:xx) then it wont work.

He escalated the problem up and im yet to hear from anyone, its been 2 days.

I'm dealing with exactly the same problem here. Our local CISCO support guys recommended me firmware downgrade. I tried all of available revisions, but bad luck, it didn't work. They also told me the last revision 2.0.1.0 is out from February and they haven't got any information, when the new one will be released. All in all I'm very disappointed by their attitude to problems (not only this one).

Aaron, my WiFi card has got MAC with 00:xx, but as you can see it doesn't solve the issue.

Petr

Same problem here.

Not tried contacting support yet as it is the weekend ...

Sigmund, any chance you could post the firmware they gave you?

I have been through all the available firmware versions and the problem is still persistent.

I am still yet to hear back from Cisco about this, this problem is ridiculous!

Can Sigmund post the firmware or can a Cisco rep get in contact with us about this?

Same problem for us.

We contact Cisco support and they confirm that the problem persist in wap4410n with mac address 68:x.

Wap4410 with mac address 00:x should not have this problem.

Exact same problem here.  Only primary SSID is visible, with MAC address 68:EF...

There is no MAC for SSID 2, which is supposed to be broadcasting.

Also, I have to power cycle the AP sometimes twice a day, as it will suddenly quit responding.  I see there is already a huge thread for this issue.

I have posted a unfavorable review on NewEgg to warn others of this issue.  I am considering returning it for a refund.

Will Cisco ship me a model that works as advertised? (assuming one with a different MAC?)

Cisco support contact me.

At the beginning of the next we they send me a beta firmware that resolve this issue.

When i have the firmware i will post in this forum.

Thanks Andrea. Your a star!

Thats very nice of you andrea! But what i don't get is why YOU have to supply the other customers that are eager waiting for a resolve to this issue, with the resolving software. I must say this realy makes me dissapointed of cisco, as this is the second WLAN Solution for our companys office. The first one where also 2 seperate AP's from Cisco(WAP610N), that had the issue not responding every hours and only a full restart did it get working again. Which is not very nice when you have a meeting with your customers and then all the sudden no WLAN anymore!.

So the WAP4410N was the "better" hardware we switched to hoping to resolve this issues with a more robust AP. But now not even the multiple SSID is working now, so whe now have only 1 of the desired 2 WLAN's which mostly renders this solution useless to us again.

So i realy hope this issue can be resolved soon, or realy have to take a Single Borad Computer install a WLAN card and Linux on it and do the whole setup my self. Which includes all the features out of the box just need to be configured with a not so kinky commandline, but work, and are not just illusive. Which in the end is the only point that matters, having a working solution!

Sorry if i did a bit of a long story now, but this is realy getting frustrating.

So if there is a beta firmware, then i realy advise to cisco support, to make it available for ALL customers that suffer of that problem and don't have any working firmware version on their hands whatsoever.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: