Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 - Real Server Direct Access

jeremy-keen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am sure that this is a basic question and someone can help me out.  How do you configure the ACE to allow non-LB traffic/requests (eg back-up's, mgt) to access the real servers directly (ie not through the VIP).

The environment I have is traditional routed mode, with client-side and server-side VLAN's.  I can configure the ip addressing of the server-side VLAN to be reachable from all parts of the network.  All traffic will be ingressing the ACE on the client-side VLAN (including client requests that need load-balancing, and traffic not to be load-balanced (backups etc)).

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Keen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dario.didio
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

all you need to do is make sure that the traffic is allowed by the ACL on the interfaces and that the subnet is routed via your upstream routers who point to the ACE as next-hop.

HTH,

Dario

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dario.didio
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

all you need to do is make sure that the traffic is allowed by the ACL on the interfaces and that the subnet is routed via your upstream routers who point to the ACE as next-hop.

HTH,

Dario

Thanks Dario, works like a charm - much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: