Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Signature

harisapkota123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

I need to verify whether my IPS signature is being updated or not, How can i check using CLI mode on that sensor(ASA-5510-AIP)

Any help will be appreciated.

And, As I attached a picture, this is the wizard of IPS  Automatic signature Update,I dont have any idea that what to fill up in those fields,

Do I need to purchase any Cisco Support to have an automatic update on that IPS?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From ASA CLI, you would need to session into the module by entering:

session 1

Then login to the IPS, and "show version" will show you what signature pack is installed.

And yes, you would need to purchase IPS Subscription to update the signature to the latest version.

Hope that helps.

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

If you don't have a current licnese on the sensor (you can verify in the output of the same "show version" command) you can still apply software updates to the sensor. Each software update contains the latest signature pack as of their release date.

Although this may keep you running updated signatures (on a less frequent basis that regular signature updates) the newly released signatures in the software updates contain the "first attempt" signatures utilizing new signature engines and are a little more buggy than the typical signature update.

- Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card