cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private VLAN and EtherChannel.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

I'm using a 3750-E and I need to configure a bundle of four GbE to connect a server. How can I do this? From configuration guide PagP and LACP are not supported.

Many thanks for help.

Regards.

Andrea

5 Replies 5

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Below is the link to configure Etherchannel on 3750 for code 12.2.44SE:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1275918

Whats the code running on the switch?

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Many thanks for your help.

I need to bundle a set of four isolated pvlan ports to build a channel configuration.

Regards.

Andrea

my apologies as was thinking that it was generic Etherchannel configuration

Cisco states that there is no etherchannel support for the ports which are configured for Private Vlan. It is advised by cisco to see the limitations before implementing this feature.

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Don't worry.

This is a new request to bundle isolated pvlan ports!

Regards.

Andrea

chriszibell
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot create an etherchannel with a private-vlan host-association..

However, depending on the IOS of the 3750, you should able to perform a "SWITCHPORT PROTECTED" on the port-channel interface OR limit it with a VACL.. Either way would probably impact the architecture of your environment.

On a side note.. One way to get around this restriction is implement a vSphere Distributed Switch and use VMware hosts.. The vDS DOES support Cisco private-vlans. I created an etherchannel Dot1q trunk & trunked private-vlans to the vDS. The vDS can then distribute them to the VM hosts..

Just my 2cents..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card