Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 867 (Annex A) - 8 IPs, 10 VLANS with Trunk to 2960

LBS-BZ-HI
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

is it possible to bind 6 public IPs to the ADSL interface from the CISCO 867 (one IP per VLAN), that every VLAN has his own public IP?
So that i can NAT every Subnet/VLAN to the specific public IP.

The PCs are connected on the 2960 and they'll speak over the TrunkPort connected between Cisco867-----TRUNK-----Cisco2960

What are the max VLANS on the Cisco 867?
Are there NAT transl. Limits?

thx Konrad

5 Replies 5

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Though information on Cisco doesnt explicitly says support for number of Vlans, it should be 0-4095, you may try creating vlan with #vlan ? you will get the number of vlan's supported. also you can perform NAT on this box, not an issue

You can create 8 different pools with 8 single IP addresses and allote pool to specific subnet.

here is the example to configure NAT on 867 box.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/routers/access/800/860-880-890/software/configuration/guide/pppoenat.html#wp1053137

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Look at the 'switch features' section of http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/qa_c67_458826.html

I believe the 867 only supports 2 VLANs.

hi kmccourt,

thanks, you are right! these models only supports 2 VLANs, so i have to get the 1900Series with ADSL Interface?

Have you an other Router suggestion?

thx

The 887 supports 8 VLANs.

(Edit). Sorry - I forgot you wanted 10 VLANs. I suppose another option would be an 1841 with ADSL HWIC.

ok, i think the 1841 with hwic ADSL2 module (CISCO1841-ADSL2) is my solution.

do you know if in the broadband image from the broadbandbundle, the Firewall is included or i have to buy the CISCO1841-SEC/K9 image?

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card