Views
Helpful
Replies

TCP out of order packets

winpwnkmr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are getting TCP out of error packets while sending requests to outside. Though we can access the internet and also connectivity is fine. But some of the application is not working due to this error, specially TCP based application as on the remote side they are not accepting two requests from our network. That means two requests are going from our network with each of the request sent to outside network.

We have 4-5 vlans and intervlan routing is configured. Could somebody pls. let me know the reason of this and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks,

Pawan

5 Replies 5

Good mornning.

We have many application similar to the case you have explained.

Our links use satelite connection and the delayare between: 600 msec to 1000 msec.

Delays over 1000 msec generates delay and connectivitiy problems with tcp applications.

What is the delay between your endpoints ?

Do you have access to internet router ? so can you tell us if there are packets drops in the interfaces ?

Waiting your answer.

It's just avg. of 20 ms and there are no packet drops.

Thanks,

Pawan

For me, you have a problem with unicast flodding.

Hi Pawan

In you network is there nay Firewall or IPS is configured.  Please check...

Or else you can visit https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/ht_ooop.html#wp1049435 for more detail.

Regards

Chetan kumar

I have seen this link. But we don't have any IPS. We have ASA 5550 firewall configured and internet link is directly terminating into that. ASA is connected to a layer 3 switch and that layer 3 switch is connected to layer 2 switches where all our servers are connected.

Thanks,

Pawan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: