Views
Helpful
Replies

Nodes that don't appear in CM

mserranocisco
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.1 / Solais

some nodes appear in all modules except in Campus Manager.

We can see them in RME, we can dowload config, troubleshoot them, and all works fine, but we can't see them in CM>Inventory :-(

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what version of Campus Manager do you have?  What types of devices are missing from Campus?  If you run a full Campus Data Collection from Campus Manager > Home do the missing devices show up?

Hi Joe,

I think we have detected the problem, because a pop-up about no more license available appeared!!

I'm going to talk with them in order to delete some node or buy more licenses.

Thanks!

Hi again,

is there a way to ignore some devices, in order nodes that are important to us, are monitored when licenses finished?

I mean, we have a 300 node license and 320 nodes, and I want to monitor one of the nodes that is ignored... Can I mark this as preferred, for example?

Best Regards.

Unfortunately, no.  With a 300 device license, though, you should be able to manager 330 devices.  That is, we always give you a 10% grace.  The order of addition determines which devices can be managed.  The 331st device added will be dropped.  To include it, you would need to remove another device from DCR.

Hi again....

after deleting nodes over license, the 4 nodes still don't appear under CM. They are properly included in CS, RME, running discovery, check credentials and sync devices.... but can see them in CM... If y go to include Nodes under User tracking, they appear as included manually, but not managed :-(

LMS 3.1 with CM 5.1.0.

They are Cisco Catalyst 2950G 48 El Switch and Cisco Catalyst 2950G 24 El Switch

Other devices, same model, works fine.

Are these devices part of a switch cluster?

No, they belong to the same VLAN...

Post the ani.log after running a new Data Collection.

Here you have, but nodes failing, don't appear there :-(

10.98.1.157 or 10.98.1.160,  for example

Hi Joe,

do you need something else? any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

I don't see any fatal errors, but given the device types, and the symptoms, try this.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, then edit NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties, and change the Discovery.Cluster to OFF.  Then restart Daemon Manager, and run a new Data Collection then see if those devices show up.

The same result :-(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco