What materials will i need to pass the CCENT exam?

Unanswered Question
Jun 4th, 2010

I have a bachelor's in network computing but we only touched on Cisco routers and switches a tad bit.  I started reading the cisco press books and am halfway through with ICND1.  I have been practicing subnetting and exam questions with the CD's provided and currently using packet tracer for sim practice.  Do i really need to get my hands on the 'real stuff' before I take the first part of the CCNA exam?  I would like to take both ICNd1 and 2 but don't know if I have enough material to carry me through.  This is why i am only taking the first part.  Hopefully my degree and CCEnt cert will help me with landing and entryl level position before I continue with completing CCNA.  Do you think i have enough material to pass CCENT? Should I keep studying with what I have and take the CCNA instead? Or do I not have enough for either one and need to invest in the real routhers and switches? Can you recommend a site where I can purchse these for cheap?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kevinlongo Mon, 06/21/2010 - 07:21

I would recommend doing the CCNA in two parts; ICND1 and then ICND2.  You will not need actual equipment to prepare for your exam (but it would help).  Consider investing in a router/switch simulator from Boson or another company.  A study guide from Cisco Press or Sybex will provide a good walkthrough of the concepts you need to be familiar with.  Personally, I find the Odom books to be filled with too much detail for my liking.

This Discussion

Related Content