cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade the OS on WCS(Linux)?

bm_5789
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade my WCS to RedHat Linux 5.0.  I have burned the iso image to a cd, rebooted the WCS and find nothing happening.  Prior to rebooting, I start a SSH connection to the appliance so I figured that I would see it come up and the upgrade start but then I lose the connection.  Does anyone have any info on upgrading the OS on a WCS?  TIA

5 Replies 5

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you burn the .iso as a bootable cd or just burn the .iso file on the cd?  Can you connect to the serial console and watch the boot?

Thanks for the reply.  I simply copied the iso to a cd.  during the reboot, I lose my console connection.  So it sounds like I am not burning the cd correctly?

I think that is it.  It needs to be burned as an image and not just a data file.  When you say console do you mean ssh session? 

Yes, a SSH session.

Ok that should disconnect but a console cable connected to the back should continue to be connected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: