Views
Helpful
Replies

Autonomous 1131 with multiple SSID ?

neilmac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks.

I usually work with controllers, so am getting a bit caught with what should be simple but seems not to be. I have 2 x 1131 autonomous. I have VLAN 1 (Native), VLAN 10 and VLAN 20. I would like to broadcast SSID 10 on VLAN 10 and broadcast SSID 20 on VLAN 20, and have both with WPA2 PSK. However as I configure 1 SSID, it overwrites the settings of the other, and I haven't even got to adding WPA2 yet.

Can someone give me some simple pointers ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

leejohns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hard to say without seeing exactly what you are doing when you are trying to configure the AP.  Here is a doc on working with VLANs on aIOS APs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665ceb.shtml

Can you post the config?  Also, if you want to broadcast multiple SSIDs with IOS based APs, you have to use the mbssid command:

dot11 ssid VLAN1

vlan 1

authen open

authen key wpa

wpa ascii 0 87654321

mbssid guest

dot11 ssid VLAN20

vlan 20

authen open

authen key wpa

wpa ascii 0 12345678

mbssid guest

int dot0

encrypt vlan 1 mode ciphers aes

encrypt vlan 20 mode ciphers aes

mbssid

Thanks,

Lee

Hi there,

As lee said, you will need to issue the command MBSSID to activate multiple SSID support. Also, when you create more than SSID you will have to issue the command guest-mode under SSID configuration mode to enable SSID broadcasting, if not your SSID can be created working and usable but not listed in the available wireless networks list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: