cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(4) bonded T1's... which router?

gvb
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have  2610XM supporting a single T1.  Would like to add 3 more T1's and multilink them.  If I remember, the 2610 will only support a single T1 speed... is that correct?

If so, which current router is recommended for 4 T1's.  This will be just simple routing, no firewall, voice, IPS, etc..

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

stonnet72
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you can use a 2621XM Cisco router. I believe that it is modular. It should have 2 WIC slots in back of the router that can handle 4 T1 connections ( 2 ports per card). I have used this router in the past for a 3MB connection into a datacenter I was supporting. Although one of the ports on the WIC went bad and we were utilizing one T1 for connectivity for almost 3 months. This is the way you may want to go.

HTH

Matthew

robert.laidlaw
Level 1
Level 1

Check this link out for the performance specs.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

According to Cisco, that model can go as high as 10.24 Mbps.  So its all dependant on which services you configure on it but it can handle several T1's for sure.

HTH,

Rob

not 100% sure but i have used 1700 routers and they bond t1s and have a throughput of like 10Mb.

I would think you can do what you are asking.  you can easily stress test that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco