cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jumbo frames on 10gb sfp+ uplink and cross-stack etherchannel

vince.steiner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of stacked 2960S with 24 gig ports each, 2 sfp+ 10gb ports (uplinks), 2 cross-stack etherchannels and 2 vlans.

so if i issue "system mtu jumbo 9198" command and reload i understand that all 48 gig ports in a stack will be enabled for jumbo frames,

but what about these 2 10gb sfp+ uplinks, cross stack ether-channels, vlans?

do i need to issue a separate mtu comand on the int level for 10gb uplinks?

btw, the cross-stack etherchannel is only between 1gb ports, not 10gb.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Gregory,

>> system mtu jumbo 9198

system means system wide, so it will apply to all interfaces regardless of their speed, higher end switches (C6500) allow to set MTU per interface, but it is not the case for these 2960

I would suggest to do the change during a maintanance window and to check the effects on the etherchannel.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vince.steiner
Level 1
Level 1

any ideas?

Hello Gregory,

>> system mtu jumbo 9198

system means system wide, so it will apply to all interfaces regardless of their speed, higher end switches (C6500) allow to set MTU per interface, but it is not the case for these 2960

I would suggest to do the change during a maintanance window and to check the effects on the etherchannel.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card