Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure DN on VG202

fernandezj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to configure VG202 with autoconf and DHCP.

how to configure DN for this VG202??

on ccme it is not possible to "assign" DN (like ephone, button....)

Thank's for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

greglowe1329
Level 1
Level 1

Hey fernardezi

I'm in the middle of doing the same thing. This is what i have found so far:

I have configed the following in CME under a e-phone:

ephone  95

mac-address FCAC.51EE.8000

max-calls-per-button 2

type vgc-phone

button  1:95

Configuring the MAC Address Convention
The VG202 and VG204 voice gateways use the MAC address of the Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP) local interface to define unique MAC addresses for each voice port by using the last 9 digits of the SCCP local interface of the voice gateway.

For example, if the source interface MAC address is 000C.8639.5833, the MAC address of the voice port MAC address will be C863.9583.3XXX. In the preceding example, the last 9 digits of the SCCP of the local VG202 or VG204 voice gateway become the first 9 digits of the voice port MAC address after dropping the leading 000.

The last 3 digits of the voice port MAC address is the slot number (3-bit) + subunit number (2-bit) + port number (7-bit) in hexadecimal format. You combine the digits to get the last three MAC address digits.

For example, the voice-port 0/0 is slot number 0 (000): subunit 0 (00) and port number 0 (0000000). By stringing the digits together, you get the following: 0000 0000 0000 = 0 0 0. This means that if the source interface MAC address is 001f.cac3.b3f8, the MAC address of voice port 0/0 will be 1FCAC3b3f8000.

The following configurations go onto the VG202

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. interface type slot/port

4. ip address dhcp

5. sccp local interface-type interface-number port port-number

6. ccm-manager sccp local interface-type interface-number

7. ccm-manager sccp

8. voice service voip

9. fax protocol t38 [nse[force]]

10. exit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg202_vg204/software/vg2_vg4_voip_ps2250_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, I can only speak for CUCM configuration on this as I don't have CCME up and running in my lab currently but the basics are probably the same.  In CUCM, the VG202 is first configured as a GATEWAY device within CUCM and then you choose whether you want it to be a SCCP or MGCP-based device.  If you use SCCP, you run thru some gateway configuration steps and then ultimately end up with a port on a gateway (e.g., 0/0/1).  When you select that port, the configuration is similar to a phone.  You configure the top level "device" info for that port and then assign a DN just like you would a phone.

Hailey

greglowe1329
Level 1
Level 1

Hey fernardezi

I'm in the middle of doing the same thing. This is what i have found so far:

I have configed the following in CME under a e-phone:

ephone  95

mac-address FCAC.51EE.8000

max-calls-per-button 2

type vgc-phone

button  1:95

Configuring the MAC Address Convention
The VG202 and VG204 voice gateways use the MAC address of the Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP) local interface to define unique MAC addresses for each voice port by using the last 9 digits of the SCCP local interface of the voice gateway.

For example, if the source interface MAC address is 000C.8639.5833, the MAC address of the voice port MAC address will be C863.9583.3XXX. In the preceding example, the last 9 digits of the SCCP of the local VG202 or VG204 voice gateway become the first 9 digits of the voice port MAC address after dropping the leading 000.

The last 3 digits of the voice port MAC address is the slot number (3-bit) + subunit number (2-bit) + port number (7-bit) in hexadecimal format. You combine the digits to get the last three MAC address digits.

For example, the voice-port 0/0 is slot number 0 (000): subunit 0 (00) and port number 0 (0000000). By stringing the digits together, you get the following: 0000 0000 0000 = 0 0 0. This means that if the source interface MAC address is 001f.cac3.b3f8, the MAC address of voice port 0/0 will be 1FCAC3b3f8000.

The following configurations go onto the VG202

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. interface type slot/port

4. ip address dhcp

5. sccp local interface-type interface-number port port-number

6. ccm-manager sccp local interface-type interface-number

7. ccm-manager sccp

8. voice service voip

9. fax protocol t38 [nse[force]]

10. exit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg202_vg204/software/vg2_vg4_voip_ps2250_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Hi,

Yes it's ok..

many thank's

Hi,

I tried in the same way but it is not working for me. I am getting the below error from the VG202 when i enter the command ccm-manager sccp.

VG202_2#

SCCP auto config has been scheduled to stop

SCCP auto config has been disabled

*Mar  1 00:15:21.167: cmapp_sccp_auto_config_run: no TFTP server configured. Exit               ...

I have enabled tftp option 150 in the dhcp for the Voice VLAN but it is taking ip from the Data vlan. I even tried to give manual ip from the Voice vlan and confirmed it is pinging from the CME but the issue still prevails.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: