Views
Helpful
Replies

UCC Server and TAPI controll

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Looking for help or suggestions regarding an issue i am encountering with UCC/UCC server, I am continually hitting brick walls and even running into support issue with TAC, most of then sadly seem to be just as baffled as me with the issue I somehow or another keep on attracting to myself

Core Issue = TAPI registration not being released/unregistered

Symptoms = UCC server has a hiccup, brain freeze (Windows services have issues) and UCC Pop-up not longer acquires the lines, "Failure to acquire lines" error happens on the local client.

Discovered Issue = Found through the logs that the UCC server tried to re-register the TAPI but is unable to as it is still registered on the CME, but the TAPI is showing up on UCC server as not registered.

Steps taken to resolve:

• Restart Windows server 2003 = Fail problem still exists
  • Stop the services count to 10 and then restart service = Fail
  • Log onto CME and restart each phone individually = Success (Pop-up Acquires the lines if you shut it down and restart it)

I am trying to work out a way to run a Kron job and have the TAPI unregistered on the CME and re-register in the mornings before clients staff come onsite, this issue has caused so many problems I simply can not deal with it anymore.

So i am up for any suggestions, any possible work around, and NO throwing the server out the window is not an option, the insurance company will not cover me if it lands on someone's head.

It is version 1.5.1 server/client, running on a Windows server 2003 box (Come on Cisco please i beg you, make a Linux version...Pretty please)

Upgrading them to 1.6 is not an option, 1. Because I doubt they will pay for the time it will take for me to do it, and 2. I am tackling a totally different problem with 1.6 that pretty much as the same impact as the above problem, but is not the same problem (Did that make sense?).

I haven't declared doomsday yet, but if TAC do not come up with an idea soon, I would have to assume all hope is lost and sanity will follow.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David,

This TAPI unregistration problem is a known issue. Version 1.6 has a fix that is supposed to help with this.

Brandon

View solution in original post

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David:

The issue you are encountering is due to a CME bug that does not drop the TAPI connection so that all subsequent tapi registration attempts are rejected. The CEDTS number is CSCtf34517.  The fixes have been applied to the following IOS builds:
15.0(1)M3
15.0(1)XA3 (?) and  PI13 (15.1(2)T)
The options you have are to update to one of these builds or to use  the Reset TAPI command from CLI to clear the TAPI session.
Thanks
Shahryar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David,

This TAPI unregistration problem is a known issue. Version 1.6 has a fix that is supposed to help with this.

Brandon

shtalukd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David:

The issue you are encountering is due to a CME bug that does not drop the TAPI connection so that all subsequent tapi registration attempts are rejected. The CEDTS number is CSCtf34517.  The fixes have been applied to the following IOS builds:
15.0(1)M3
15.0(1)XA3 (?) and  PI13 (15.1(2)T)
The options you have are to update to one of these builds or to use  the Reset TAPI command from CLI to clear the TAPI session.
Thanks
Shahryar

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Brandon & Shahryar,

Thank you both so ever much, I love these forums

I have begun discussions with our partner who will need to take this up with the client, i am sure they will agree to an IOS upgrade, and I will look to upgrade them to version 15.1(1) as 15.0(1) has known bugs that will affect the current systems configuration, I figured I would do my research on this before I put a noose around my neck (As Dave Harper once put it so eloquently to me ).

Again thank you both for your responses.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David:

I need to correct the release image list. The bug fix has been applied to the following releases:

15.1(01.05)T

15.1(01.05)PI13

15.0(01)M2.2

15.1(00.00.10)PIL14

15.1(01)T0.1

15.1(01.07.01)PIA14

Thanks

Shahryar

Heheheh dont panic i did further research and found it i would have only upgraded to 151.1 anyway

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: