Views
Helpful
Replies

Chat channel in UCCX

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In the previous versions, UCCX could have Chat as one of the communications channels for customers. But from UCCX 7, the WIM (and the chat channel) is not available. In fact, Chat is a favoured channel of many customers. So could anyone tell me what product I can use for Chat channel if I already have UCCX installed?

Thanks,

Hoanghiep

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can use anything.

The key is, you need to find a way to make those two isolated systems (at least) know about each other. Either way, you won't get true consolidated reporting.

If I were you, I would probably set up an XMPP (~ Jabber) server, and customize it to take a look at the UCCX statistics and the agent availability before routing a chat session to the agent. Anyway, this would require a lot of programming.

G.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Web Interaction Manager for UCCX was made End of Sale on 21 August 2009. The EoS notice is at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps7236/end_of_life_notice_c51-517363.html

The notice states that there isno immediate replacement for WIM.

The link below contains some information that may be useful - basically a chat function may be included in UCCX 8.6 scheduled for June 2011.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: