cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure NAC to automatically direct the user to the untrusted interface of CAS.

ericohermoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just want to clear how can I configure the NAC to direct the user to the untrusted interface of CAS automatically.

Now, I am manually entering the ip of the untrusted interface to my internet explorer before I can have NAC agent to download.

How can I direct the internet explorer to  the untrusted interface of the CAS without manually entering the ip address of the CAS untrusted interface?

thank you and best regards.

2 Replies 2

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

In a properly designed NAC setup, this should happen automatically. For example if your setup is L2 (the CAS can see the ARP traffic from your clients) then when you browse to any site, the traffic should hit the untrusted interface of the CAS and that should prompt a redirection page. If it's L3 and multiple hops away, then you have to use either PBRs to force the traffic to the untrusted interface of the CAS or use ACLs in certain scenarios.

If you're able to get to the network or internet from your untrusted subnets without the CAS prompting you, then there is another route for the traffic to take and you will have to troubleshoot from that angle.

HTH,

Faisal

IC. Thanks. So If I have 4 routers to reach the untrusted interface of CAS should I configure the 4 routers of PBR.?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card