A2Q process / program ?

Answered Question
Jun 7th, 2010

Hi - I am trying to help out a customer with an IPCC design and the customer wants to use a non-Cisco session border controller (SBC).    The customer is telling me that he might not be able to use a non-Cisco product in the IPCC design because this product has not been through the A2Q process.     I have read through the information on the A2Q program but I really can not tell if it is applicable to this situation.     Does anyone know how A2Q applies to the potential use of third-party equipment in the A2Q design?

Thanks !

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by david.macias about 6 years 7 months ago

I would imagine that the first step would be to have this 3rd party vendor work with Cisco in certifying their device to work with CVP.  This of course can take a while, but would be in the best interested of the 3rd party vendor as well as your customer as support would be available.  Are you working with anyone from the Cisco BU, they would be appropriate go to person to get the process started.

david

PS: What 3rd party device are you using?

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
wavejd2010 Mon, 06/07/2010 - 07:37

Hi Geoff - Thanks for the feedback.  As you suspect, the application would be to use the third-party SBC instead of the Cisco CUBE.     This device would sit in the path between the SIP trunk delivering the calls into IPCC in the following manner:

Service_Provider-----SIP_trunk-----SBC-----IPCC

If we want the vendor of the third-party SBC to get "A2Q certifed", do you know how this is done?      Cisco CUBE has some limitations in this environment and we are trying to figure out how to get a third-party device into the design and get it accepted by A2Q.       There does not appear to be a defined process on the Cisco site that describes how one would do this.

Thanks !

Correct Answer
david.macias Mon, 06/07/2010 - 07:46

I would imagine that the first step would be to have this 3rd party vendor work with Cisco in certifying their device to work with CVP.  This of course can take a while, but would be in the best interested of the 3rd party vendor as well as your customer as support would be available.  Are you working with anyone from the Cisco BU, they would be appropriate go to person to get the process started.

david

PS: What 3rd party device are you using?

wavejd2010 Mon, 06/07/2010 - 07:55

Hi David - The third-party device is an Acme Packet SBC.     We know this SBC works fine with CVP as this device has been successfully deployed with other IPCC customers.  However, this SBC has not been used in a A2Q approved design before (at least to my knowledge).       Because Acme Packet competes with Cisco for the SBC business, I am not sure how accommodating Cisco would be in certifying a competing device for the SBC role.    Maybe some others on this message board have had more luck or experience in getting the A2Q team to accept third-party devices before.

We have not worked with anyone in Cisco's BU yet but if you have some suggestions on how to do that, I am happy to pursue that path.   I was hoping that the A2Q would have some sort of website where you could fill out a form and get a third-party device approved. 

Thanks again for all of the help !

david.macias Mon, 06/07/2010 - 17:31

I've seen Cisco certify a random 3rd party IVR before, but I was not personally involved, but after the certification I helped in putting the integration in place for a customer.  My understanding is that you will need the 3rd party company, the customer, you (the partner), and Cisco all work together.  You might have to set up a lab or have some other method for Cisco to certify that this SBC works to their specifications.  As to who to talk next, I would assume it would be the Cisco account partner/sales assign to your customer.  Wish I could help more.

david

Actions

This Discussion