Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection mailbox recovery

markcarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Unity Connection 7.1.3.  Is there a way to recover a mailbox?  I accidentally deleted a user with mailbox and try to restore it from backup but it does not have any option to restore a mailbox.  I do not want to restore the whole server in order to restore a single mailbox.

Please helps.

Thanks

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way to restore a single mailbox is if you have configured COBRAS to backup selected users/mailboxes/messages.  Otherwise, the answer is no.  If you use DRS, it can backup each component individually but it restores the whole backup to the system.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way to restore a single mailbox is if you have configured COBRAS to backup selected users/mailboxes/messages.  Otherwise, the answer is no.  If you use DRS, it can backup each component individually but it restores the whole backup to the system.

Hailey

Thanks for the information David. IMHO,  it is odd that Cisco left off such an important feature in DRS.

Regards

Mark

I've heard that feedback before, so I understand.  On the flip side, DRS isn't really built for that task.  It's a complete backup solution in that you can choose large components of the system and get a complete backup of those.  It doesn't have the granularity built in to backup and restore specific objects.  But, it wouldn't be bad feedback to provide to your Cisco AM or someone that you feel would listen and pass the info up the chain.  The more Cisco hears something, the more likely it may someday get added to a features list.  In the meantime, if you feel you need to do that...then you can use COBRAS to backup specific objects.  You can even (based on your backup) restore as little as a single message to a user's mailbox.  Take a look at the COBRAS information at www.ciscounitytools.com and if you have any questions about how to make that work or what you may need to do to get things running...feel free to repost or even send me a private message.  I have some helpful info for you if you need it.

Hailey

Hi David,

Thank you for your valuable information.  I tried COBRAS and it works.  I also find a utility called DRS Message Fisher (you may already knew this) at CiscoUnityTool.com which aloow us to extract or restore voicemail message from the DRS TAR file directly. Not TAC supported but it works.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm experiencing the same issue. A user has been deleted in Unity and we need to recover his messages.

Can you please advise how you recover single mailbox using COBRAS ?

Also can "DRS Message Fisher" also recover messages from deleted mailbox ?

Thank you 

Saima

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: